Tuesday, August 22, 2006

El Valle de Anton

This weekend I had my last *snief* trip in Panamá. I went with the bus in the beautiful valley called El Valle de Anton. The valley is an extinct volcano which broke out last millions of years ago with such a force, that it blew off the top. What remained was a crater with a diameter of approximately 5 km which contains now a small village. They have lots of sights there, thermal springs, a mountain shaped liked a sleeping indian women, a zoo, fine food, waterfalls, jungle treks and much more.



On the first day I rent a bicycle and drove to the largest waterfall there. It was a nice walk through the jungle. Afterwards I drove with my bike to the thermal springs where I had a relaxing hot bath of about one hour. Since it was raining I hung around reading for a while. Later I went to the local bakery to have some coffee and cake.



Parts of the volcano crater look like a sleeping indian women (La India Dormida). Since I am always curious I took a bus which drives in that direction. On the way up the head of La India Dormida there are some colored engravings on a large stone. The kids there told me that that it was made by ancient indios thousands of years ago. After another 30 minutes walk I was standing up on the head of the sleeping indian having a great view over the valley. Since it is getting dark early here, I went back to my hotel where I took a (hot ;-) shower and had a very good meal afterwards.



On Sunday I slept long, had a nice breakfast with ham and eggs and patacones (again ;-). Later I walked to the zoo which was quite a sad place, for example they have eagles in a cage of 2 square meters. Finally I walked to the famous handicrafts market in El Valle where I've spent much money on gifts for my family.

4 Comments:

Blogger 140709 said...

Willkommen in Panama.(BlogsPanama). Wir haben eine sehr schöne land, aber unsere regierung is einfach sehise.Aber egal, Panama is eine gute land für ein praktikun und neue erfahrungen.gefelht mir deine bilder von isla grande, portobelo un coiba.
Matteo

06:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo lieber Martin, ich bin leider etwas schreibfaul, aber ich lese deine Berichte mit großem Interesse. Es scheint dir ja richtig gut zu gehen und es ist unglaublich wie die Zeit verfliegt. Melde dich mal wenn du wieder im Land bist. Bis dahin muchos saludos desde Kapfenberg und noch qué lo pase bien ;-) Helga

08:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog!

You can watch some Panama video clips via some of these links:

Introduction to Panama:
http://www.estelle.tv/locations/Locations/Central_America/Panama/Panama_City/

Interview with Ruben Blades:
http://www.estelle.tv/Locations/Central_America/Panama/Panama_General/Ruben_Blades_Interview/

Playa Bonita:
http://www.estelle.tv/Locations/Central_America/Panama/Panama_Canal/Playa_Bonita/Intercontinental_Playa_Bonita_Resort_&_Spa/

Gamboa:
http://www.estelle.tv/Locations/Central_America/Panama/Gamboa/

Enjoy!

Dominique Einhorn
Executive Producer
"Estelle TV"
www.estelle.tv
World's Most Distributed Travel Show
Hosted by Latin Supermodel Estelle Reyna
Over 100,000 Podcast Subscribers
P.O. Box 66630
Los Angeles, CA 90066

18:47  
Blogger Wael in Panama said...

That's a beautiful shot of El Valle that you have there! Did you take that from La India Dormida, or where? I don't think it's from the Mirador.

I happen to live in El Valle de Anton, so of course I write about it a lot in my own blog. But rather than writing about the tourist spots, I tend to write about more mundane issues, like electricity outages, workers' rights, socializing, etc. If you are interested in the day-to-day life of an expatriate in El Valle, you can check out my blog, StepToLife.com, at http://www.steptolife.com

14:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home