Friday, July 21, 2006

Downtown Panama City

Made a little walk through Panama City yesterday after work. Actually I wanted to buy some food, but I took a taxi to Multiplaza Mall. It took about half an hour because the streets where crowded during rush hour. It was an interesting ride anyways. Multiplaza Mall is really huge and modern, with cinema, food court, and, of course, they have an Apple Store. Saw the new black MacBook the first time, quite nice, but not as stylish than my white iBook ;-)



After strolling around a bit in the mall (not without buying a few pieces ;-) I went out to see the skyscapers of downtown Panama City - very interesting. Unfortunately, it got soon too dark for my digicam, so I have just a couple of pics. The difference between tumba muerto (where I work and reside) is amazing. Lots of large jeeps, vans, and german cars around, quite luxurious houses and some little gardens. Had a huge Häagen-Dazs icecream somewhere between the huge skyscrapers. Panama City lies directly on the Pacific Ocean, and later I've found the street on the "coast". Now I understand why it is not recommended to swim within the Panama City bay - quite dirty everywhere. Panamanians don't care much about waste... the Pacific Ocean is large.




Finally I found the street where all the nice bars are, and had a beer - actually 2 because it was happy hour. Since I'd been out the day before, I got tired and went back home at 10... the taxi ride took just 5 minutes now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home